Art and Culture Consultant
Art and Culture Consultant
Creative Spark Consultant
I offer short term contract work to State Government, local councils, Non for profits and small businesses.
Please email or call to see how I could help your organisation with Arts and Cultural Projects, please see below a short CV, references are available apone request.
A community minded design and arts professional with over 20 years’ experience in the creative arts and design industry. I offer a unique skill set that includes local retail and international wholesale representation and management, and international promotions covering the web, social media and traditional print. I direct a small business in the creative arts, run and Artist Co Op and work in local council delivering a variety of Council and community events and programs. I am a motivated, energetic individual that enjoys working with small teams to achieve great results within set deadlines. I believe that my insight and experience in these fields allows me to produce a creative yet professional approach to the “business of art”, and effectively motivate and encourage other artists, business owners and government officers.
· 20+ years of high customer service covering retail and managing wholesale clients, working in small community groups.
· Local Council Officer that has successfully grown the space, from a one event offering to many Community and Council lead events and programs.
· Brand awareness and promotions manager, working within budget and timelines.
· Building relationships within Council, Non-for Profit and Business.
· Demonstrated success in developing and growing arts and community projects.
· Computer experience with a sound understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Word and HTML.
JAN 1998 - PRESENT – Professional Visual Artist
Self-promoted visual artist that has solo and group exhibitions yearly, here and overseas. Highly collectable artist with a strong visual style and marketing history that holds creative and business workshops for aspiring and mid-career artists. Currently mentoring several local artists.
Feb 2005 - 2017
International Promotional Manager/Retail and Wholesale
Stephanie Browne Australia, Armadale
Stephanie Browne is an Australian based high end design business that exports Internationally. There are two retail stores, one in Melbourne and Sydney, yearly bridal expo in NYC and London. Stephanie Browne Australia has a reputation for high end service and understanding her client’s needs.
· Manage, promote and achieve targets for the Melbourne retail store.
· Researching and writing content for the website/online sites
· Manage and gain new wholesale clients in Australia and overseas.
· Plan and promote the brand by sending press releases and building relationships with media contacts.
· Designing and maintaining the social networks and website, print and email marketing.
· 12 Month marketing and Media agendas.
Jan 2016 – PRESENT - Director of The BOP Arts Co-op
The BOP Arts Co-op is a not-for-profit organisation that was founded to provide opportunities for local artists to promote themselves within our region and to connect with each other. We are creating a safe place for creation, learning and inspiration.
Attract and encourage a variety of local artists to acquire membership.
Work with existing community groups, network to create funding opportunities for programs.
Manage and promote events, online and social media.
Co-ordinate meetings and workshops for members.
Apply for grants and manage a council owner arts building located in Meredith.
Jan 2017 – PRESENT - Arts and Culture Officer
Golden Plains Shire Council
Tucked between Ballarat and Geelong, Golden Plains Shire is a large rural community with the agriculture industry being its primary industry.
· Facilitate many large-scale Council and community events, working with local business, community members and internal council departments, including Spring in the shire Photography comp, The annual arts trail, the “My home Australia@ Exhibition etc
· Develop and deliver the school holiday programs
· Research and write the current Arts and Culture strategy 2018 to 2022, the Civic History Policy, The Civic Art Collection Policy and The Public Art Policy and management plan.
· Developed and manage the current Art Grants, with a focus on Professional development and economical outcomes.
· Support and help activate many community group apply for funding and deliver a variety of events and programs.
· Youth/Arts grants and programs yearly.